The name on your MogoAccount must be your legal name and must be verified. If you need to change/update your name please follow these instructions carefully.
To change the name on your MogoAccount:
- Email your request to email@example.com with subject line Name Change
- Attach a clear photo or colour scan (front and back) of valid photo ID from the Primary or Secondary Acceptable ID lists below
- Send the email from the email address attached to your MogoAccount so we can identify your account
If everything is in order, your account will be updated usually within 2-3 days. If we have additional questions we will reach out to you by email. If you do not email us from the email address associated with your account we will have to reach out to you to verify your identity, this can cause lengthy delays.
Primary Acceptable ID: one of the following is acceptable if the additional documentation such as address and date of birth matches our records. If there is a discrepancy you will need to provide additional information such as a marriage certificate, certificate of change of name or utility bill in your name (includes cell phone bill).
- Provincially issued photo ID (for provinces where Mogo offers products)
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
Secondary Acceptable ID must include additional documentation such as a marriage certificate, certificate of change of name or utility bill in your name (includes cell phone bill).
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Forces ID Card
- Certificate of Canadian Citizen
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Provincial Health Card with Photo