When you sign up for a MogoAccount, you can get Equifax credit score monitoring and MogoProtect* identity fraud protection for free for the first 90 days. To continue to get these products for free, just make sure you have a MogoCard that you use at least once every 90 days (load funds or make a purchase) before the 90 days are up. If you already have a MogoCard, sweeeeet - you will continue to get free credit score and identity fraud protection as long as you continue to use your MogoCard at least once every 90 days.
Spoiler alert - Our Mogo Visa Platinum Prepaid Card** is also FREE and you can order one anytime directly from the Mogo app. To get the MogoCard, simply download the Mogo app and check out your Card dashboard to see if you are eligible.
Here are some benefits of the MogoCard:
Save the Planet:
Make everything you buy good for your wallet and the planet. 1 tap = 1 tree planted
No debt and no credit impact
Since the MogoCard is a reloadable prepaid Visa and not a credit card, there is no minimum income or credit check required and you’ll never rack up debt. You can only spend what you load onto your MogoCard.
Better spending control
The MogoCard is designed to help you keep an eye on your spending so you can effortlessly build your savings.
Free credit score and identity fraud protection - to keep these features active simply use your card at least once every 90 days.
- Free monthly Equifax credit score monitoring
- Free MogoProtect - a service that helps you protect yourself against identity fraud by monitoring your Equifax credit bureau for inquiries
But that’s not all. Here are some more great features of the MogoCard:
- Unlimited free POS transactions in Canada
- Real-time notifications about your transactions, updated balance and card activity
- iOS and Android app
- Chip & PIN and payWave
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay
- Accepted internationally
- 24/7 access to your online account to check your transactions and balance
- Emergency card replacement when you're travelling
- Emergency cash disbursement when you're travelling
- 24/7 servicing for lost or stolen cards
* MogoProtect identity fraud protection and Credit Score Monitoring are available to all eligible MogoMembers for free for 90 days from the time of initial MogoAccount registration. Eligible MogoCard holders will receive MogoProtect and Credit Score Monitoring for free as long as they remain active MogoCard holders. Free credit score is provided by Equifax and is only available to MogoAccount holders that have passed identity verification. The Equifax credit score is based on Equifax’s proprietary model and may not be the same score used by third parties to assess your creditworthiness. The provision of this score to you is intended for your own educational use. Third parties will take into consideration other information in addition to a credit score when evaluating your creditworthiness. No one can prevent all identity fraud and Mogo does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Currently, Mogo only monitors hard inquiries into the Equifax® Canada Co. credit bureau and will provide push and/or email notifications within 24 hours of the inquiry being reported. Refer to the MogoAccount Terms & Conditions for more information https://www.mogo.ca/terms-and-conditions.
** Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under licence by Peoples Trust Company. Mogo Visa Platinum Prepaid Card is issued by Peoples Trust Company pursuant to licence by Visa Int. and is subject to Terms and Conditions, visit mogo.ca for full details. Your MogoCard balance is not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). MogoCard means the Mogo Visa Platinum Prepaid Card.