First, you’ll need to download the MogoTrade app from either the App Store or the Google Play Store. After doing so, open the app and follow the instructions below on your mobile device:
- Choose an email address & password*** to use for your MogoTrade account;
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the verification email you received;
- Create your profile by entering your information the same way it looks on your government ID;
- Verify your identity either by answering a few questions from the credit bureau or by going through our photo ID process;
- Enter your mobile phone number in the app to receive a one-time verification code;
- Enter your employment status, citizenship, civil status, income, net worth, SIN & answer a few questions about yourself (KYC);
- Choose a Trusted Contact person (optional);
- Choose the type of account you’d like to open (personal, TFSA or RRSP);
- Once your account has been opened, choose a transfer method & add funds;
- You’re all set!
First time trading on your own? We’ve built some great articles so you can become more familiar with the stock market, trading lingo & some do’s and don'ts. You can find them HERE
***Quick reminder that if you’re already a MogoMember, you must use the same credentials for MogoTrade as the ones you use to access your Mogo Account. Once you enter your username and password the first time you use the app, you can activate Face ID/Biometrics for easier & quicker access going forward. To activate Face ID, go under the Account tab, tap on Settings and make sure the toggle menu next to Face ID is green.