To comply with federal regulations, Mogo needs to verify your identity in order to open your MogoTrade account. It’s the law! This legal requirement is in place to protect our users (and non-users) from fraud and money laundering.
Please note that if you’re already a MogoMember, you do not need to verify your identity again. You can simply use the same credentials for MogoTrade as the ones you use to log into your Mogo Account. By doing so, our system will automatically recognize you and you’ll be able to skip that step.
Photo ID is the quickest, easiest, and most effective way to get your MogoTrade account verified so that you can start trading in no time! Below is a step-by-step guide on how to complete the verification of your identity:
- Choose your ID document* and tap on Take a photo;
- Scan your document within the frame until all 4 edges are aligned and the picture is taken automatically (front first, then back);
- The app will ask you to make sure all the data on your document is fully visible, glare-free as well as not blurred;
- If your ID document is not readable, then choose to retake the picture;
- The last step is to take a selfie in a well-lit environment, so we can match your lovely face to your submitted ID document;
- Put on your best smile and say Cheers! 😄
*Please note that for this purpose you may use either a valid driver's license, health card with photo, permanent residency card, or passport. Unfortunately, other documents, such as Student IDs, are not accepted..