To sell securities you own, first, navigate to the stock’s details page. You’ll find the stock’s historical performance, some key stats about the company and its earnings, as well as the latest news about the business. From there:
- Tap on Sell;
- Enter the number of shares you’d like to sell - we’ll automatically calculate the estimated credit based on the current market price. The number of shares you own for a specific stock should appear under the stocks symbol (at the top of the page);
- To see the last sale price, current bid and ask of a stock, you can tap on the ℹ symbol next to Market price;
- Keep in mind that the last traded price is not necessarily the price at which your market sell order will be executed;
- To change the type of order, tap on Market order (in the top right corner) to see more options;
- Review the information and total estimated credit. Made a mistake or changed your mind? No worries, you can always go back by using the Edit button (in the top left corner);
After submitting your order, you’ll be able to view the confirmation directly in your MogoTrade app. You’ll also receive a confirmation by email – please allow a few minutes for the email confirmation to come in.